Classes For PSAT, SAT, SSAT,and ACT
At the College Prep Academy we customize test preparation, focusing on just the areas necessary for your student: reading comprehension and vocabulary, grammar and writing, math, and science (ACT only).
There are several ways we can work with your student.
- One-on-one with a private tutor
- In small private groups
- By joining one of our on-going classes
Critical Reading, Writing and Essay
Instruction will include an organized, methodical approach to reading that will benefit students in all of their academic pursuits. Vocabulary development, a life-long process, will be addressed in the context of the students' reading. We will return to the basics! We will explore the elements of proper grammar, review the "classic" writing process, and design essays that meet the standards expected not only on the SAT and ACT but also on college essays. All of this will happen in a fun, relaxed, creative atmosphere.
Mathematics & Science
Question interpretation and review of basic skills will guide students in understanding how the math and science concepts they have learned throughout their school years apply to the tests.
Our Unique Approach
Our academic approach gets results
- Learn to connect what they have been studying in school to the skills tested on the SAT and ACT
- Track and analyze their performance strengths and focus on those areas in need of improvement
- Master test-taking and time management strategies
- Be tested using real PSAT, SAT and ACT exams
By studying using REAL tests, both you and your student will have a realistic sense of where his/her strengths and weaknesses lie, which helps reduce anxiety and stress.
Authentic material and a serious academic approach are the trademarks of PEN test preparation and college admissions programs.